Saturday, October 9, 2010

UEA ANGELS - I'M A CHEERLEADER - I'M A FLYER


First of all I have to say I was not excited at all to my year abroad in England when my home university made me change my destination from Brussels to Norwich. They made me change at the end of May when I had everything settled in Brussels.

Antes de nada tengo que decir que no estaba nada ilusionada con venir a Inglaterra cuando mi Universidad me hizo cambiar de destino de Bruselas a Norwich. Me hicieron cambiarme a finales de Mayo cuando ya tenia todo preparado para Bruselas.

However everything changed once I arrived to Norwich. People here is kind, friendly and funny. Totally different from what I expected since my first experience with British people in Eastbourne. And now everything is even better. I have to say I'm so happy to be here - don't know if I will be once winter sets up though hehehe.

Sin embargo todo cambió cuando aterricé en Norwich. La gente es muy amable, simpática y divertida, totalmente diferente de lo que había imaginado después de mi primera experiencia con ingleses en Eastbourne.

When I knew I was accepted in UEA I started looking for things to do when in England. Looking into the web page I found the Clubs and Societes site. Suddenly one of the clubs caught my eye: CHEERLEADING. I was so excited about it that immediately I joined the facebook page hehehe.

Cuando supe que me habían aceptado en EUA, empecé a buscar cosas que hacer durante mi estancia en Inglaterra. Mirando la pagina web encontré la pagina de los Clubs y Sociedades. De repente uno de ellos llamó mi atención: LAS ANIMADORAS. Estaba tan emocionada que me uní al grupo de facebook inmediatamente.


Once in UEA I joined the cheerleaders. Last Wednesday was the tester session were a buch of girls like me - passionate about cheerleading- went to try the dance and stunt squad. After stretching we were divided into two groups to try stunt and dance. I first tried stunt and I LOVE IT absolutely LOVE IT. So I've decided to stay in the Stunt squad :D

Ya una vez en UEA, me uni a las animadoras. El pasado miércoles fue la sesión de prueba, donde un montón de chicas igual que yo, probamos el equipo de baile y el de piruetas. Después de estirar, nos dividieron en dos grupos para probar baile y salto. Yo probé primero el de salto y ME ENCANTÓ, LO ADORO. Asi que he decidido que me quedo en el equipo de piruetas :D



In stunts there are three positions: bases, back and flyer. The Bases are the once who lift the flyer into the air; the back is the once who help the flyer to jump into the bases hands and also makes sure that the flyer doesn't fall; the flyer jumps into the bases hands and is lift in the air.

En las piruetas existen tres posiciones: bases, trasera y flyer. Las bases son las encargadas de elevar al flyer en el aire; la trasera es la que ayuda al flyer a saltan en las manos de las ases y también se encarga de controlar que el flyer no se caiga; el flyer es el que salta en las manos de las bases y se eleva en el aire.

It seems easy to be a flyer - which is my position - but is not. You have to be strong and once you are in the air you have to be nice and tight so you dont fall down. On thursday my whole body hurts heheheheh but it worth the pain to be a FLYER. The feeling of being in the air is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Parece fácil ser flyer, mi posición en el equipo, pero no lo es. Tienes que ser fuerte y una vez en el aire mantenerte muy recta (como un palo) para no caerte. el Jueves me dolia todo el cuerpo jejejeje pero vale la pena por el hecho de ser flyer. La sensación de estar en el aire es genial!!


I'm so happy to be part of the team. My team mates are great, kind, and I love them so much. I only know them for 2 day but they make everything to easy and they've been incredible with me. They are amazing :D

Estoy muy contenta de formar parte del equipo. Mis compañeras son geniales, amables y las adoro. Solo las conozco de 2 dias pero han sido tan geniales conmigo y hacen que todo sea tan fácil...Son geniales :D

No comments:

Post a Comment